About 76 species of birds (Annexure 3) belonging to 12 orders and 30 families have been recorded from Mannavanshola (P.O. Nameer, Kerala Agricultural University). This includes 32 species of resident birds, out of which 9 are endemic to Western Ghats and 15 species are long distance migrants. The most abundant species were Grey-breasted Laughingthrush, Grey headed flycatcher, Greenish leaf warbler, White eye, Velvet fronted nuthatch, Black and orange flycatcher, Brown-cheeked Fulvetaa (Quaker babbler), Nilgiri flycatcher, Malabar whistling Thrush and Yellow-browed bulbul. The endemic species of birds recorded from Mannavan Shola are Nilgiri Wood Pigeon, Malabar Parakeet (Blue-winged Parakeet), White-cheeked Barbet (Small Green Barbet), (White-breasted Laughingthrush), Black-and-Orange Flycatcher, White-bellied Blue Flycatcher, Nilgiri Flycatcher, Nilgiri Pipit and Small Sunbird. To have a complete picture of the avifauna of the Park, detailed surveys are required as proposed during the Plan period.
- Forest & Wildlife Department- Implementation of Contract System instead of Convenor System in Forest Department for the execution of forestry works
- Application for Eco -Restoration field camp
- The forest officials at Pampadum Shola National Park detained a truck involved in dumping alleged medical and hotel wastes.
- World Environmental day celebration-2016
- APPLICATION FOR ECO-RESTORATION CAMP